Sep 28th, 2017
Jessica M. from Locust Valley, NY writes:
15 years ago today (when I was just 11 years old) my mother survived a double brain aneurysm and a stroke. Given less than a 5% chance to live, she defied the odds. She now lives with aphasia, which continues to present challenges for her every single day. We lost everything we had, including our home. My mom continues to be unable to work a full-time job and we help take care of her. I would love for there to be more awareness around aneurysms and the effect they have on individuals and families.
Sep 27th, 2017
LaQuestis S. from North Charleston, SC writes:
My 42 y/o mom suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm May 30, 2017 and was declared brain dead June 1, 2017. We had to take her off of the respirator June 2, 2017. All of this was sudden. It would have been nice to be aware. No one knew about it until this tragedy. I agree with making a national awareness month for this...
Sep 26th, 2017
Jennifer H. from Council Bluffs, IA signed.
Sep 26th, 2017
Kathy S. from Plattsmouth, NE signed.
Sep 26th, 2017
Someone from Manteca, CA writes:
i am a survivor ,multiple aneurysm,so many disabilities with this trauma,but still live.Thank god,
Sep 26th, 2017
Sarina M. from Omaha, NE writes:
I work with Brain Aneurysm patients in the ICU and it NEVER gets easier to see the effects it has on any of our patients and families! Regardless of how good an outcome is possible it is life altering and too many times results in extreme changes or devastation! The ONLY way to improve this is earlier detection and treatment through greater awareness, education, and better Insurance coverage and research!
Sep 25th, 2017
deborah r. from Melrose, MA writes:
I only wish that I had known that people going to be at the State House for brain aneurysm month I myself suffered a brain aneurysm when I was 24 years old I know that's a little hard to believe but I did and I survived I do have trouble every now and again from the remnants of that horrible horrible day and how much I did suffer emotionally because of the brain aneurysm that I had so you might want to talk to people have actually gone through it themselves and get what it's really like to live through something like that that would be my suggestion to you I'm a little disappointed in this state because I was not made aware of there was a day that they're trying to declare or even a month that they trying to declare brain aneurysm awareness so if the state or the country really wants to know what it's like I can tell them firsthand
Sep 24th, 2017
Trisha R. from La Luz, NM writes:
I myself am a survivor, and strongly agree to this
Sep 21st, 2017
Gena R. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 21st, 2017
Karl B. from Doylestown, PA writes:
I suffered a brain aneurysm on May 7th 2017 and thankfully with amazing paramedics, nurses, doctors, family and some luck - I survived! Every day is a gift!
Sep 20th, 2017
Veronica J. from Paramus, NJ writes:
I survived a brain aneurysm rupture in 2015. I continue to recover in 2017. Here is my Story of Survival (2-min video): https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/neurosciences/neurosciences-patient-stories/
Sep 19th, 2017
Adriana A. from Santee, CA signed.
Sep 19th, 2017
Leila K. from Silverdale, WA signed.
Sep 19th, 2017
Roberta W. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Someone from Madison Heights, MI signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Katie P. from Bloomington, IN signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Jill B. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Someone from Olympia, WA signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Amy L. from Bloomington, IN writes:
My brother died of a ruptured brain naeurysm at age 63. He, too, was remarkably healthy and fit, and then all of a sudden he was gone.
Sep 18th, 2017
Beverly W. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Beverly W. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Beverly W. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Beverly W. from Portland, OR signed.
Sep 18th, 2017
Beverly W. from Portland, OR writes:
My husband, David J. Lifton died from a ruptured brain aneurysm on December 23, 2015. He was only 63 years old and had retired that summer from 25 years as an educator. He left his wife, his daughter, his family, his friends and communities and my grief continues. Please support H. Res. 667 and thank you for passing S. Res. 438 to make make September National Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month.
Sep 18th, 2017
Carmen C. from Kearny, NJ writes:
My mother is a survivor of a ruptured aneurysm. Please help bring awareness
Sep 17th, 2017
DeAnna L. from Rankin, PA writes:
My grandfather was taken from us suddenly. No family should go through what my family went through
Sep 15th, 2017
Taylor D. from Pemberton, NJ writes:
I'm a survivor of a leaking aneurysm that I was born with, but didn't find out I even had one until 18! More awareness needs to be brought to the subject as it is, but no family should suffer with a misdiagnosis.
Sep 14th, 2017
Kerry E. from Chillicothe, IL writes:
Our 19 year old is a brain aneurysm survivor, please help bring awareness!!!!
Sep 14th, 2017
Someone from Great Neck, NY signed.
Sep 13th, 2017
Carol L. from Charlotte, NC writes:
Please help put this terrible disease in the forefront of the news cycle. I am a survivor of a ruptured aneurysm and then it was discovered that I had four more in my brain. If more people were aware of aneurysms, maybe we could stop the terrible death totals that this disease averages. Instruct the emergency departments of your local hospital to get training on this problem, instead of sending most people home saying it's a migraine.
Sep 13th, 2017
Gretchen K. from Eagle, ID signed.
Sep 12th, 2017
Nikki H. from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Sep 12th, 2017
LeAnn C. from Lowell, MI writes:
Please put us on the map we need awareness to many people are passing from this so many are young as well. I am a 5 year survivor unfortunately I know several others who have not. This needs awareness it could save life's. PLEASE WE NEED AWARENESS NOW !!!!!
Sep 11th, 2017
Angela A. from Crossett, AR writes:
We need awareness!!! Please!!! Put us on the map. People are dying from this every minute... I survived, but many do not live to tell their journey! We need awareness NOW!!!
Sep 8th, 2017
Michael R. from New York, NY signed.
Sep 8th, 2017
Melissa F. from Plainview, NY signed.
Sep 6th, 2017
Brenda Jean E. from Rome, NY writes:
I am a 5 year Survivor and Miracle.
Sep 5th, 2017
Sandra G. from Glendale, AZ signed.
Sep 3rd, 2017
Maria G. from Cranston, RI signed.
Sep 3rd, 2017
Kevin T. from Pulaski, TN signed.